Pages

Monday, 3 September 2012

A Review: MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara

Hi lovlies, 
I've been so unavailable here lately that I'd really missed you guys. The reason I was gone was that I went on a family holiday, then school came and I was so overwhelmed because my little daughter is now a first grader.
 I know what you might think : OK... she is the one going to school, why am I the one to be overwhelmed? I don't really know but I've decided that I'll snap out of it and write a blog post for you today ^_^


Today I'll be talking about my favorite mascara of all times: My MAC's Haute and Naughty Lash Mascara (I just heard they launched a "blacker" version of it, I might try it out later and let you guys know if its better in any way)

I'll start by saying that I've yet to see a prettier packaging fo a mascara than this, Just look at that




I don't Know about you guys but I'm a sucker for hot pink and glitter, and look closely, They are both there, ha ha..


O.K. so what is so special about this mascara? beside the packaging that is, Lets open it up Shall we!! but wait,,
which part do you turn to un screw the lid: the whole coloured part or just the hot pink part? 
well, here is the best thing about this mascara and i'll tell you why in a second, let me first unscrew the hot pink part for you:


Notice how thin the hairless part of the wand is, and how there is a small amount of product on the hairs?


In this form the mascara is used as a lengthening mascara, it holds enough product to coat all the lashes but not enough to fill the gaps between them. It can also be applied as a first coat of mascara.

Now let me unscrew the whole colourful part:


See how thicker the wand is and how much more product the hairs hold?


In this form the mascara is used as a thickening mascara, it can be used on its own after scraping some of the product on the side of the tube.

For the best result with this mascara: 
Unscrew the hot pink lid and apply a thin even coat of the product, then screw it back on unscrew the whole coloured part and remove some of the product by scraping it on the sides of the tube, then apply a coat or two of mascara to your lashes. and voila!!!

Simply put: These are two mascaras in one very cute packaging ^_^

It is sold in all MAC stores all around the world as far as I know and it retails for $20
(want to buy it online? click here)

My Thoughts: I've been using this mascara for months now and I absolutely LOVE it.
 I love the packaging - as I've mentioned earlier- I love the big brush and the consistency of the product is devine: not too thin like other lengthening mascaras and not too thick like other Thickening ones, and it does NOT make your eyelashes stiff or hard, so it feels comfortable on your eyes. 

Product Ratings
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Product: 5 out of 5
Price: 4.5 out of 5

The only thing that effects the rating of the price is that there are a couple of much cheaper dupes for it, one is from Bourjouis and the other is by Rimmel, both of which I haven't tried. 

Bourjois Ultra Black Volumizer Mascara
Retails for $13.29 on Amazon

But I've tried other Bourjois mascaras and they were all amazing so this one I'm predicting is going to be amazing as well.

Rimmel Glam Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara
Retails For $7.57 (now on sale on Amazon for $0.53)

As for the Rimmel one, I'm considering buying it when I'm done with my MAC one, simply because its the cheapest of the three and because I want to try a Rimmel mascara at least once and form some opinion of the brand.

Here are some of the looks that I finished off using MAC's Haute and Naughty Lash Mascara





And thats it, I hope you found this review helpful and thorough and If you have any comments questions or suggestions just leave them below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible,

 Take care, xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment