Hay there beautiful readers, I have been away for a long long time, and I've missed you all ^_^. I'm here today to represent to you a guest-post written by an amazing lady, my fellow blogger Aleya.
She writes the blog for a beauty school called Hair Design Institute among a bunch of other stuff- you can check that out at the last paragraph of the post.
So if you are interested please keep on reading, and if you have any questions, please write them as a comment and i'll be sure to e-mail them to Aleya, who will be more than happy to answer them. I'll talk to you all soon, xx
Photo by Cecilia Espinoza
The smokey eye look is stronger and more popular than ever. Depending on the colors you choose to work with you can create a soft look for daytime wear or a smoldering, sophisticated look for the evening. Either way, you can never go wrong with this technique- unless it’s done improperly. Here is an easy step by step on how to do a smokey eye look that will help you get it right every time.
- As with any makeup application make sure that your eye area is clean before you start applying any makeup. While it’s true that you’re about to apply makeup to the area that is already covered you should also keep in mind that you want the colors to be true and you don’t want the area to look cakey because there’s too much product on it.
- Smooth on some primer to your eye lids so that once you apply the eye shadows they look smooth and the natural wrinkles in your lids don’t show.
- Use a pencil or liquid liner to line your eyes. If you line only the top lid you will get a less dramatic look than if you do the top and bottom lids. Make sure to use black liner so that you get a more electrifying look. However using grey, brown or a bold liner such as green or blue will give you a more playful look.
- Once you have drawn in a beautiful straight line use a small eye shadow brush to smudge the liner on the upper lid a little.
- Now it’s time to channel your inner artist and decide on your eye shadow color theme. You will need a light color as well as a dark one.
- Use a medium sized brush to sweep the lighter color over your lids and up to your brow bone.
- When you’re ready to start applying the darker color, it’s important to remember to start at your lash line and work your way up to the crease area. This blending technique will help you to create the smokey eye look effectively.
- While you’re blending be sure to go over the liner that you had applied and blended previously. And be sure to blend here too.
- Finally get your favorite mascara and coat your lashes twice with it.
Check your makeup in the mirror to make sure that your eyes look the same before you head out. You’ll be sure to look and feel more confident in your smokey eye look.