Pages

Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Easy Green Smoky Eyes

So, who thinks that a smoky eye is easy to achieve ?? .......... Anyone ???? ..........

well, I haven't yet found a simple "way" to do a smoky make up but, I know that with the right tools and tips you can be more confident and creative. And really, that is the way to go with any make up look. So I'll talk more about that in my next post.

Yesterday, I watched a video for Make up geek on youtube (to watch click here). She did a beautiful purple smoky eye, but what really caught my attention was that she used a gel liner the same way we'd normally use a paint pot or a NYX jumbo pencil. I Liked the idea so much that I immediately brought my Ivy Shimmer gel liner from Bobbi Brown and tried it myself. It actually didn't work the same way simply because my gel liner doesn't have as much of green pigment as her's of purple pigment, but I continued any way and came up with this look:




To know how I did it please scroll down :)

First things first, I primed my eyes with my primer potion, then with a fluffy domed brush applied the Ivy Shimmer to the eyelids and extended it slightly above the crease while blending very well and fast, leaving the inner quarter or so of the eyelids bare.
Then applied a light shimmery green color to the inner part of the eyelids. After that, i used a shimmery dark green color on top of my gel liner base and also extended it to reach a tiny bit above the crease. Then, using a neutral color that is one or two shades darker than your skin tone, I softened the edges of the dark green and smoked it up and out.
With the same gel liner, I smudged a line on the lower lash Line leaving the inner part bare. Then applied the light shimmery green to the bare part and the dark shimmery green on top of the smudged liner. Finally, I lined my Waterline with a black pencil liner.
To finish off the eyes, I used thickening mascara on both my top and bottom lashes.

I really hope you come again for my next posts, and if you have any requests for future looks please don't hesitate to ask, xoxo


  • Urban decay primer potion (Urban Decay)
  • Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in *Ivy Shimmer* (Bobbi Brown)
  • MAC Eye Shadow in *Humid* (MAC)
  • MAC Eye Shadow in *Lucky Green* (MAC)
  • MAC Eye Shadow in *Cork* or *wedge* (MAC)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner in *perversion*
  • Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara (Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment