Pages

Saturday, 13 August 2011

A 24-Karat eye makeup

When I was little, I saw some girl one TV wearing glitter all over her eyelids. Back then, It looked to me as if she had diamonds on her eyes.
After I became a makeup artist, I discovered that it was so hard to make glitter -especially the chunky glitter- stay on the eyelids. And whenever I used it I made sure to use the very fine glitter to minimize fallout.

But not any more, Behold, there is a new product in town: Too Faced Glitter glue. Basically, what this is: is a primer that dries to become very tacky so you can literally stick the glitter on top of it. As you can see this is exactly what I did in this look and needless to say I LOVE this product.


So if you want to know how I did this look then keep reading...

First I primed my eyes from lashes to brows using the Too Faced Glitter Glue. Then with a flat brush I applied golden glitter to the entire primed area. To fill in the gaps I used a golden eye shadow close to the color of the glitter and spread it all over in a dabbing motion.

Next I Lined around my eyes creating a very dramatic cat eye and pulling the liner down in an angle at about two thirds of the lower lash line
.
Using a light pink pencil I lined the waterline where there is no outer liner and I also tried to fill in between the lashes in that area. With a shimmery nude pink eye shadow I went over the pink in the waterline and extended it down to line the rest of the lower lash line, and a little under the cat eye wing.

I also used a black liner at the waterline area that is lined from underneath with black.

And that's it. 
Thanks for joining me today, and I hope you found this interesting. See you again soon, xoxo


  • Too Faced Glitter Glue (Amazon)
  • The Body Shop Stardust Glitter in Gold (Limited edition)
  • Urban decay Naked palette Colors *Virgin* and *Half Baked* (Urban Decay)
  • Benefit High Brow pencil (Amazon)
  • MAC FluidLine Gel eyeliner in *Blacktrack* (MAC)
  • MUFE Smoky Lash mascara (Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment